Mystical Journey to Egypt—Itinerary (14 nights) and Pricing
With Jane Bell and Mary Elizabeth Mason
February 10–24, 2018
- Day One, February 10th:
- Depart from home to arrive in Cairo. (It is advisable to come a day early if one can. We are able to arrange for any extra nights.)
- Day Two, February 11th:
- Arrive in Cairo by mid-day and transfer to Mena House Hotel. Afternoon opening circle and dinner.
- Day Three, February 12th:
- Early morning departure for Giza Plateau and Pyramids with private ceremony in the Paws of the Sphinx. Return to hotel for breakfast. Afternoon visit to the tombs, Serapeum and the Step Pyramid of Sakkara. Lunch on the Sakkara road. Dinner on your own.
- Day Four, February 13th:
- Morning check-out of the Mena House with visit to the Egyptian Museum. Lunch in downtown Cairo and visit to the famous souk Khan Il Khalili. Evening flight to Aswan and board the Afandina for nine nights.
- Day Five, February 14th:
- Opening Circle after breakfast. Afternoon ferry boat to the island of Soheil where the ancients believed it was the source of the Nile.
- Day Six, February 15th:
- Early morning private visit and initiation on the island of Philae, the temple dedicated to the Goddess Isis. Return to Afandina for breakfast. Afternoon sail to the Temple of Kom Ombo dedicated to the gods Sobek and Horus. Dock on an island.
- Day Seven, February 16th:
- Day to integrate and circle as we sail to the Temple of Horus in Edfu. Afternoon visit.
- Day Eight, February 17th:
- All day sail to ancient town of Esna where we go through the locks. Time to visit the town with an optional visit to Esna Temple.
- Day Nine, February 18th:
- Morning sail to Luxor. Afternoon visit to the temple complex of Karnak, the largest in the world. Visit the chapel of Ptah and encounter the powerful statue of Sekhmet, who has stood in this place for over 3000 years.
- Day Ten, February 19th:
- Early morning bus ride past the villages of Upper Egypt to visit the ancient temple of Abydos, where the First Dynasty Kings made their annual pilgrimage. En route back to Luxor we will have an afternoon visit to the exquisite Temple of Dendera, dedicated to Hathor, goddess of the heavens, love, joy and intoxication.
- Day Eleven February 20th:
- Early morning visit to the West Bank where we will visit the Valley of the Kings, the funerary temple of Queen Hatchetsut, and the Tomb of the High Priest Ay in the Valley of the Baboons Lunch back on the Afandina. Afternoon free to explore Luxor
- Day Twelve, February 21st:
- Morning visit to Luxor Temple. Return to the Afandina for breakfast. Day free to explore Luxor. Final evening on the Afandina.
- Day Thirteen, February 22nd:
- Morning flight to Cairo and check in to the Mena House hotel. Evening private meditation in the Great Pyramid. Lunch and dinner on your own.
- Day Fourteen, February 23rd:
- Free day with optional visit to a local perfumery and papyrus institute. Time to integrate the journey. Afternoon closing circle and dinner.
- Day Fifteen, February 24th:
- Final departure.
(There is a possibility that the route of the Afandina can be changed beginning in Luxor and ending in Aswan depending on the final docking of the boat).
- Cost of tour is $5,796 excluding international airfare.
- Single supplement: $600 US for hotels only (if room $950 US for whole trip)
- Double occupancy on the boat (unless there is space, cost will be adjusted)
- Deposit of $900 is due when booking and is non-refundable.
- The costs are based on minimum of 15 passengers
- Balance of payment for the trip is due no later than December 16, 2017.
- If you are using a credit card a 3% charge will be added to the cost. Deposit by credit card is $927.
- An extra $600 should be sufficient for extra meals, personal needs and gratuity, unless you plan on doing a lot of shopping.
- All hotel accommodations and travel in Egypt
- Nine night Nile Cruise on the dahabia, The Afandina
- Private visits to the Sphinx, Great Pyramid, Philae
- Domestic flight to Aswan and return to Cairo
- All entrance fees to temples and tombs
- Our enthusiastic and mystical Egyptologist
- Most tips (excluding boat crew and Egyptologist)
- Transportation and transfers to and from the airport on day of tour
- All meals except two dinners
- Entry visa of $25 upon arrival (some may need to purchase Visa before arrival)
- Travel Insurance
- International airfare
- Cancellation Insurance
- Hotel accommodations for extra nights. Quest Travel is happy to arrange those for you.
- Click the “sign up” button to the upper left. Once you have done that, a drop down will appear with Egypt or South Africa. Select Egypt, fill in the form and then print.
- Please send a non-refundable deposit of $900 USD to:
Presence of Heart LLC Tours
PO Box 647
Inverness, CA 94937
- Or to use the button below to pay online with a credit card.
- To wire transfer email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the banking details.