Presence of Heart Invites You To:
The Blue Lotus Journey
Guided by Terri Geissinger and Rev. Aryshta Dean
February 13–26, 2020
- Day One, February 13th
- Arrive in Cairo by midday, transport to Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel, opening circle and dinner. (We strongly recommend you arrive at least one day ahead of time to rest and acclimate).
- Day Two, February 14th
- Morning visit to the Step Pyramid of Saqqara, tombs and the Serapeum. Lunch on the road. We then visit Egyptian Museum and back Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel—Dinner is on your own.
- Day Three, February 15th
- Early morning departure for Giza Plateau and Pyramids with private ceremony in the Paws of the Sphinx. Flight to Aswan. Check onto Afandina.
- Day Four, February 16th
- Opening Circle after breakfast. Afternoon ferry boat ride to Soheil Island where the ancients believed it was the source of the Nile.
- Day Five, February 17th
- Early morning private visit and initiation on the island of Philae, the temple dedicated to the Goddess Isis. Return to Afandina for breakfast. Afternoon sail to the Temple of Kom Ombo dedicated to the gods Sobek and Horus. Dock on an island.
- Day Six, February 18th
- All day sailing the magnificent River Nile.
- Day Seven, February 19th
- Day to integrate and circle as we sail to the Temple of Horus in Edfu. Afternoon visit to Horus Temple.
- Day Eight, February 20th
- Sailing all day to Esna, pass Esna lock, sail to Luxor. Afternoon visit to the temple complex of Karnak, the largest in the world. Visit the chapel of Ptah and encounter the powerful statue of Sekhmet, who has stood in this place for over 3000 years.
- Day Nine, February 21st
- Bus ride to Abydos & Dendera Early morning bus ride past the villages of Upper Egypt to visit the ancient temple of Abydos, where the First Dynasty Kings made their annual pilgrimage. In route back to Luxor we will have an afternoon visit to the exquisite Temple of Dendera, dedicated to Hathor, goddess of the heavens, love, joy and intoxication.
- Day Ten, February 22nd
- Early morning visit to the West Bank where we will visit the Valley of the Kings, the funerary temple of Queen Hatshepsut, and the Tomb of the High Priest Ay in the Valley of the Baboons. Lunch back on the Afandina. Free afternoon in Luxor.
- Day Eleven February 23rd
- Morning visit to Luxor Temple. Return to the Afandina for breakfast. Day free to explore Luxor. Final evening on the Afandina.
- Day Twelve, February 24th
- Morning flight to Cairo and check in to the le Meridian Hotel. Evening private meditation in the Great Pyramid. Lunch and dinner on your own.
- Day Thirteen, February 25th
- Free day at Le Meridian hotel with optional visit to a local perfumery and papyrus institute. Closing circle and Farewell dinner.
- Day Fourteen, February 26th
- Final Departure.
(Please note that the itinerary may change in direction based upon the schedule of the Afandina at the time of sailing. All sites will be included though the order in which we visit them would be reversed.)
- Tour $5,790 USD excluding international airfare for double occupancy
- Single supplement:
$280 USD for hotel only
- Deposit of $928 USD is non-refundable because Egypt domestic flights are booked upon sign up
- The costs are based on a minimum of 10 participants
- Payment can be made by check, electronic transfer, credit card or Paypal.
- Payment by personal check can be made out and sent to:
Presence of Heart LLC209 Artesia Road
Wellington, NV 89444
- All hotel accommodations and travel in Egypt
- Nine-night Nile Cruise on the dahabiya, The Afandina
- Domestic flight between Cairo and Upper Egypt (Aswan or Luxor depending on location of Afandina)
- All entrance fees to temples and tombs
- Our enthusiastic and mystical Egyptologist
- Most tips (excluding boat crew and Egyptologist)
- Private visits to the Sphinx, Great Pyramid and Philae
- Transportation and transfers to and from the airport on day of tour
- All meals except two dinners
The tour includes:
- Entry visa of $25 upon arrival—some may need to purchase their Visa in their home country before arrival—please check.
- Travel Insurance
- International airfare
- Cancellation Insurance
- Hotel accommodations for extra nights. Quest Travel is happy to arrange those for you.
The tour does NOT include:
- Click the “journey sign up” button to the upper left. Once there, a drop down will appear. Select the Egypt trip you are joining, fill in the form, select check or credit card to pay your deposit and submit.
- If paying by check, send a non-refundable deposit of $928 USD to:
Presence of Heart LLC
209 Artesia Road
Wellington, NV 89444
- Or pay online with your PayPal account online when you submit your form.
- To wire transfer connect with firstname.lastname@example.org to get the banking details.
The balance is due no later than December 13, 2019.