The Heart and Soul of Egypt
Into the Depths of the Ancient Mysteries
Guided by Jane Bell and Mira Sophia
March 13–26, 2019
- Day One, March 13th:
- Arrive in Cairo by mid-day and check-in to the exquisite Mena House Hotel, located adjacent to the Giza Plateau. We begin with an opening circle and dinner to initiate our group journey. (We recommend that if possible you arrive one day early to allow time on your own to acclimate before we begin.)
- Day Two, March 14th:
- At dawn we drive up to the Giza Plateau and proceed in silence for a private ceremony and meditation between the paws of the Sphinx. Visiting at such an early hour allows us to experience the energies of this iconic plateau and its three mysterious pyramids nearly alone, before we return to the Mena House for breakfast. In the afternoon we visit the healing complex of Sakkara with the Step Pyramid and the Serrapeum. Late lunch on the Sakkara Road.
- Day Three, March 15th:
- Check out of the Mena House and visit the Cairo Museum filled with thousands of statues, artifacts and mummies including the treasure of King Tut. In the afternoon we fly to the city of Luxor, known to house one third of the world’s antiquities.
- Day Four, March 16th:
- At dawn we enter the majestic Temple of Luxor dedicated to the ancient goddess Mut, the consort of Amun. After, we will head back to the Afandina for breakfast and a brief rest. After lunch we explore the huge temple complex of Karnak, where among many other marvels, the statue of the goddess Sekhmet is housed in her original site.
- Day Five, March 17th:
- We take an early morning bus ride through the villages of the countryside and then into the desert to reach the ancient site of Abydos, an ancient sacred site where the First Dynasty Kings paid homage and made pilgrimage. Beneath the temple is the ancient Osirion where the Flower of Life symbol first appeared, mysteriously inscribed on the granite walls. On our return we will enjoy the exquisite Temple of Dendara dedicated to the goddess Hathor, who represents divine love, sensuality and joy.
- Day Six, March 18tt:
- Early morning we travel to the West Bank of Luxor where the tombs and funerary temples of the New Kingdom have enthralled travelers for hundreds of years. At sunrise we visit the exquisite temple of Hatchepsut. Afterwards we enter the Valley of the Kings, and the ancient tomb of Aye in the Valley of the Baboons. We return to our boat for lunch and begin our sail upon the Nile.
- Day Seven, March 19th:
- A day of sailing the Nile, stopping at the ancient city of Esna as we go through the locks. This gives us time to rest, meditate and integrate all that we’ve experienced thus far.
- Day Eight, March 20th:
- A day to settle in and continue enjoying our sail upon the Nile. We’ll have time for meditation, integration and discussion about the ancient mysteries. Perhaps even for a dip in the Nile itself before we an afternoon arrival in Edfu, to visit the temple dedicated to the god Horus, the first King of Egypt.
- Day Nine, March 21st:
- The next morning we sail to Kom Ombo, where we visit the only temple in Egypt dedicated to two gods, Horus the Falcon and Sobek the Crocodile. This healing temple was an ancient hospital and hieroglyphs there show the advanced healing techniques that the ancients used. We then sail to Aswan.
- Day Ten, March 22nd:
- We spend a leisurely morning in Aswan and after lunch take a small boat to sail to the ancient site of Soheil where the ancient Egyptians made pilgrimages to the gods Hapi and Khnum to honor the source of the Nile. That evening we dine in Aswan aboard the Afandina.
- Day Eleven March 23rd:
- At dawn we take an early morning ferry for a private pre-dawn ceremony in the exquisite Temple of Philae dedicated to the Goddess Isis. This is one of the highlights of the journey, followed by an evening farewell dinner to the Nile and the Afandina.
- Day Twelve, March 24th:
- Morning flight to Cairo and return to the Mena House hotel to prepare for our private evening visit into the King’s Chamber of the Great Pyramid. Dinner is on your own.
- Day Thirteen, March 25th:
- To get in your last minute shopping we will visit the ancient market the Khan Il Kalili as well as perfumery to sample the exotic oils of Egypt. The afternoon will be our closing circle and farewell dinner.
- Day Thirteen, March 26th:
- Depart for home.
(Please note that the itinerary may change in direction based upon the schedule of the Afandina at the time of sailing. All sites will be included though the order in which we visit them would be reversed.)
- Tour $6,696 USD excluding international airfare for double occupancy
- Single supplement:
$400 USD for hotel only
$1,100 USD for both hotel and boat, if available
- Deposit of $900 USD is non-refundable and must be received no later than November, 2018
- The costs are based on a minimum of 15 passengers
- Payment can be made by check, electronic transfer, credit card or Paypal.
- Preferred payment is by personal check made out and sent to:
Presence of Heart LLC ToursPO Box 647
Inverness, CA 94937
- If you are using a credit card a 2.9% charge will be added to the cost.
- If using Paypal a 4% fee is added to cover costs.
- All hotel accommodations and travel in Egypt
- Nine night Nile Cruise on the dahabia, The Afandina
- Domestic flight between Cairo and Upper Egypt (Aswan or Luxor depending on location of Afandina)
- All entrance fees to temples and tombs
- Our enthusiastic and mystical Egyptologist
- Most tips (excluding boat crew and Egyptologist)
- Private visits to the Great Pyramid and Philae
- Transportation and transfers to and from the airport on day of tour
- All meals except two dinners
The tour includes:
- Entry visa of $25 upon arrival—some may need to purchase their Visa in their home country before arrival—please check.
- Travel Insurance
- International airfare
- Cancellation Insurance
- Hotel accommodations for extra nights. Quest Travel is happy to arrange those for you.
The tour does NOT include:
- Click the “journey sign up” button to the upper left. Once there, a drop down will appear. Select the Egypt trip you are joining, fill in the form, select check or credit card to pay your deposit (if by PayPal, contact Jane) and submit.
- If paying by check, send a non-refundable deposit of $900 USD to:
Presence of Heart LLC Tours
PO Box 647
Inverness, CA 94937
- Or pay online with a credit card when you submit your form.
- To wire transfer connect with firstname.lastname@example.org to get the banking details.
The balance is due no later than Jan 20, 2019.