“Embracing the Totality”
An Immersion in the Ancient Egyptian Mystery
With Jane Bell and Victoria More
October 14–27, 2018
- Day One, October 13th:
- Depart from home for Cairo to ensure arrival by mid-day Oct 14th. (To be ready for the pace you can always choose to come a day early)
- Day Two, October 14th:
- Arrive in Cairo and check in to the Mena House Hotel close to the Pyramids. We will meet for dinner after our opening circle.
- Day Three, October 15th:
- At dawn we drive up to the Giza Plateau and proceed in silence for a private ceremony and meditation between the paws of the Sphinx. Visiting at such an early hour allows us to experience the energies of this iconic plateau and its three mysterious pyramids privately before we return to the Mena House for breakfast. In the afternoon we will drive into the countryside to visit the tombs and shrines of the oldest Egyptian Pyramid at Sakkara. We will also experience the mysterious chambers of the Serapeum and its underground passageways filled with 24 granite sarcophagi weighing 70 tons each. We will then have a late lunch on the Sakkara Road.
- Day Four, October 16th:
- This morning we check out of the Mena House and visit the Cairo Museum full of statues, stela and artifacts from the ancient sites of Egypt including all the treasures found in King Tut’s tomb. Lunch will be at a local restaurant and then we will visit the oldest souk in Egypt called the Khan Il Khalili. Afterwards we head to the airport for our flight to Luxor.
- Day Five, October 17th:
- At dawn we enter the majestic Temple of Luxor dedicated to the ancient goddess Mut, the consort of Amun. After our visit, we will head back to the Afandina for breakfast and a brief rest. After lunch we visit the huge temple complex of Karnak, where among many other marvels, the statue of the goddess Sekhmet is housed in her original chapel.
- Day Six, October 18th:
- We take an early morning bus ride through the villages of the countryside and then into the desert to reach the ancient site of Abydos, an ancient sacred site where the First Dynasty Kings paid homage and made pilgrimage. Beneath the temple is the ancient Osirion where the Flower of Life symbol first appeared, mysteriously inscribed on the granite walls. On our return we will visit the exquisite Temple of Dendara dedicated to the goddess Hathor, who represents divine love and joy.
- Day Seven, October 19th:
- Early morning we travel to the West Bank of Luxor where the tombs and funerary temples lie. Here we are inspired by the funerary temple of Hatchepsut, the Valley of the Kings, and the ancient tomb of Aye in the Valley of the Baboons. We return to our boat for lunch and begin our sail upon the Nile.
- Day Eight, October 20th:
- A day of sailing the Nile, stopping at the ancient city of Esna as we go through the locks. This gives us time to rest, meditate and integrate all that we’ve experienced thus far.
- Day Nine, October 21st:
- A day to settle in and continue enjoying our sail upon the Nile. We’ll have time for meditation, integration and discussion about the ancient mysteries. Perhaps even for a dip in the Nile itself before our afternoon arrival in Edfu where we will visit the temple dedicated to the god Horus, the first King of Egypt.
- Day Ten, October 22nd:
- After breakfast we sail to Kom Ombo where we visit the only temple in Egypt dedicated to two gods, Horus the Falcon and Sobek the Crocodile. This healing temple was an ancient hospital. Hieroglyphs here show the advanced healing techniques that the ancients used. We then sail to Aswan.
- Day Eleven October 23rd:
- We spend a leisurely morning in Aswan and after lunch take a small boat to sail to the ancient site of Soheil where the ancient Egyptians made pilgrimages to the gods Hapi and Khnum to honor the source of the Nile. In the evening we dine in Aswan aboard the Afandina.
- Day Twelve, October 24th:
- At dawn we take an early morning ferry for a private pre-dawn ceremony in the exquisite Temple of Philae dedicated to the Goddess Isis. This is one of the highlights of the journey, followed by an evening farewell dinner to the Nile and the Afandina.
- Day Thirteen, October 25th:
- Morning flight to Cairo and return to the Mena House hotel to prepare for our private evening visit into the King’s Chamber of the Great Pyramid. Dinner is on your own.
- Day Fourteen, October 26th:
- Our final day is for integration, some last minute shopping or a revisit to the Giza Plateau. An afternoon circle and a closing banquet are a perfect ending to our extraordinary journey.
- Day Fifteen, October 27th:
- Depart for home.
- Tour $6,570 USD excluding international airfare.
- Single supplement: $950 USD
- Deposit of $900 USD is due when booking and is non-refundable.
- The costs are based on 10 passengers.
- Payment can be made by check, electronic transfer, credit card or Paypal.
- Preferred payment is by personal check made out and sent to:
Presence of Heart LLC ToursPO Box 647
Inverness, CA 94937
- If you are using a credit card a 2.9% charge will be added to the cost.
- If using Paypal a 4% fee is added to cover costs.
- All hotel accommodations and travel in Egypt
- Nine night Nile Cruise on the dahabia, The Afandina
- Domestic flight between Cairo and Upper Egypt (Aswan or Luxor)
- All entrance fees to temples and tombs
- Our enthusiastic and mystical Egyptologist
- Most tips (excluding boat crew and Egyptologist)
- Private visits to the Great Pyramid and Philae
- Transportation and transfers to and from the airport on day of tour
- All meals except two dinners
The tour includes:
- Entry visa of $25 upon arrival—some may need to purchase their Visa in their home country before arrival—please check.
- Travel Insurance
- International airfare
- Cancellation Insurance
- Hotel accommodations for extra nights. Quest Travel is happy to arrange those for you.
The tour does NOT include:
- Click the “journey sign up” button to the upper left. Once there, a drop down will appear. Select the Egypt trip you are joining, fill in the form, select how you want to pay your deposit (if by PayPal, contact Jane) and submit.
- If paying by check, send a non-refundable deposit of $900 USD to:
Presence of Heart LLC Tours
PO Box 647
Inverness, CA 94937
- Or pay online with a credit card when you submit your form.
- To wire transfer connect with firstname.lastname@example.org to get the banking details.
The balance is due no later than August 13, 2018.