Presence of Heart Invites You To:
Walk the Temples of Light and Wisdom
Guided by Jane Bell and Terri Geissinger
September 11–24, 2019
- Day One, September 11th:
- Arrive in Cairo by mid-day and transfer to Mena House Hotel. Afternoon opening circle and dinner. (We recommend coming at least a day early to rest and be ready to start).
- Day Two, September 12th:
- Early morning departure for Giza Plateau and Pyramids with private ceremony in the Paws of the Sphinx. Return to hotel for breakfast. Afternoon visit to the tombs, Serapeum and the Step Pyramid of Saqqara. Lunch on the Saqqara road. Dinner on your own.
- Day Three, September 13th:
- Morning check-out of the Mena House with visit to the Egyptian Museum. Lunch in downtown Cairo and visit to the famous souk Khan Il Khalili. Evening flight to Aswan and board the Afandina for nine nights.
- Day Four, September 14th:
- Opening Circle after breakfast. Afternoon ferry boat to the island of Soheil where the ancients believed it was the source of the Nile.
- Day Five, September 15th:
- Early morning private visit and initiation on the island of Philae, the temple dedicated to the Goddess Isis. Return to Afandina for breakfast. Afternoon sail to the Temple of Kom Ombo dedicated to the gods Sobek and Horus. Dock on an island.
- Day Six, September 16th:
- Day to integrate and circle as we sail to the Temple of Horus in Edfu. Afternoon visit to Horus Temple.
- Day Seven, September 17th:
- All day sail to ancient town of Esna where we go through the locks. Time to visit the town with an optional visit to Esna Temple.
- Day Eight, September 18th:
- Morning sail to Luxor. Afternoon visit to the temple complex of Karnak, the largest in the world. Visit the chapel of Ptah and encounter the powerful statue of Sekhmet, who has stood in this place for over 3000 years.
- Day Nine, September 19th:
- Early morning bus ride past the villages of Upper Egypt to visit the ancient temple of Abydos, where the First Dynasty Kings made their annual pilgrimage. In route back to Luxor we will have an afternoon visit to the exquisite Temple of Dendera, dedicated to Hathor, goddess of the heavens, love, joy and intoxication.
- Day Ten, September 20th:
- Early morning visit to the West Bank where we will visit the Valley of the Kings, the funerary temple of Queen Hatshepsut, and the Tomb of the High Priest Ay in the Valley of the Baboons. Lunch back on the Afandina. Afternoon free to explore Luxor.
- Day Eleven September 21st:
- Morning visit to Luxor Temple. Return to the Afandina for breakfast. Day free to explore Luxor. Final evening on the Afandina.
- Day Twelve, September 22nd:
- Morning flight to Cairo and check in to the Mena House hotel. Evening private meditation in the Great Pyramid. Lunch and dinner on your own.
- Day Thirteen, September 23rd:
- Free day with optional visit to a local perfumery and papyrus institute. Time to integrate the journey. Afternoon closing circle and dinner.
- Day Thirteen, September 24th:
- Depart for home.
(Please note that the itinerary may change in direction based upon the schedule of the Afandina at the time of sailing. All sites will be included though the order in which we visit them would be reversed.)
- Tour $6,497 USD excluding international airfare for double occupancy
- Single supplement:
$400 USD for hotel only
$1,100 USD for both hotel and boat, if available
- Deposit of $900 USD is non-refundable and must be received no later than April, 2019
- The costs are based on a minimum of 10 participants
- Payment can be made by check, electronic transfer, credit card or Paypal.
- Preferred payment is by personal check made out and sent to:
Presence of Heart LLC ToursPO Box 647
Inverness, CA 94937
- When you use a credit card, add 3%, or for PayPal, add a 4%, charge to cover costs.
- All hotel accommodations and travel in Egypt
- Nine-night Nile Cruise on the dahabiya, The Afandina
- Domestic flight between Cairo and Upper Egypt (Aswan or Luxor depending on location of Afandina)
- All entrance fees to temples and tombs
- Our enthusiastic and mystical Egyptologist
- Most tips (excluding boat crew and Egyptologist)
- Private visits to the Sphinx, Great Pyramid and Philae
- Transportation and transfers to and from the airport on day of tour
- All meals except two dinners
The tour includes:
- Entry visa of $25 upon arrival—some may need to purchase their Visa in their home country before arrival—please check.
- Travel Insurance
- International airfare
- Cancellation Insurance
- Hotel accommodations for extra nights. Quest Travel is happy to arrange those for you.
The tour does NOT include:
- Click the “journey sign up” button to the upper left. Once there, a drop down will appear. Select the Egypt trip you are joining, fill in the form, select check or credit card to pay your deposit (if by PayPal, contact Jane) and submit.
- If paying by check, send a non-refundable deposit of $900 USD to:
Presence of Heart LLC Tours
PO Box 647
Inverness, CA 94937
- Or pay online with a credit card when you submit your form.
- To wire transfer connect with firstname.lastname@example.org to get the banking details.
The balance is due no later than July 10, 2019.