Mystical Journey to Egypt—Itinerary (13 nights) and Pricing
With Jane Bell and Karen Hefner
March 26–April 9, 2018
- Day One, March 26th:
- Depart from your home in time to arrive in Cairo by mid-day on March 27th. ( We can also help you arrange an extra night or two if you wish to arrive early).
- Day Two, March 27th:
- Arrive in Cairo by mid-day and check-in to the exquisite Mena House Hotel, located adjacent to the Giza Plateau. We begin with an opening circle and dinner to initiate our group journey
- Day Three, March 28th:
- At dawn we drive up to the Giza Plateau and proceed in silence for a private ceremony and meditation between the paws of the Sphinx. Visiting at such an early hour allows us to experience the energies of this iconic plateau and its three mysterious pyramids nearly alone, before we return to the Mena House for breakfast. We meet later that afternoon to deepen our exploration of the journey in a group circle. Dinner is on our own this evening.
- Day Four, March 29th:
- After breakfast we visit the healing complex of Sakarra and the recently opened Serapeum, filled with amazing underground passageways and 24 granite sarcophagi weighing 70 tons each. Afterwards, we stop for lunch at a wonderful local restaurant on the Sakarra Road and then head to the airport for our flight to Upper Egypt where we board the Afandina for the next nine nights.
- Day Five, March 30th:
- At dawn we enter the majestic Temple of Luxor dedicated to the ancient goddess Mut, the consort of Amun. After our visit, we will head back to the Afandina for breakfast and a brief rest. After lunch we visit the huge temple complex of Karnak, where among many other marvels, the statue of the goddess Sekhmet is housed in her original site.
- Day Six, March 31st:
- We take an early morning bus ride through the villages of the countryside and then into the desert to reach the ancient site of Abydos, an ancient sacred site where the First Dynasty Kings paid homage and made pilgrimage. Beneath the temple is the ancient Osirion where the Flower of Life symbol first appeared, mysteriously inscribed on the granite walls. On our return we will visit the exquisite Temple of Dendara dedicated to the goddess Hathor, who represents divine love and joy.
- Day Seven, April 1st:
- Early morning we travel to the West Bank of Luxor where the tombs and funerary temples lie. Here we visit the exquisite temple of Hatchepsut, the Valley of the Kings, and the ancient tomb of Aye in the Valley of the Baboons. We return to our boat for lunch and begin our sail upon the Nile.
- Day Eight, April 2nd:
- A day of sailing the Nile, stopping at the ancient city of Esna as we go through the locks. This give us time to rest, meditate and integrate all that we’ve experienced thus far.
- Day Nine, April 3rd:
- A day to settle in and continue enjoying our sail upon the Nile. We’ll have time for meditation, integration and discussion about the ancient mysteries. Perhaps even for a dip in the Nile itself before we an afternoon arrival in Edfu, to visit the temple dedicated to the god Horus, the first King of Egypt.
- Day Ten, April 4th:
- The next morning we sail to Kom Ombo, where we visit the only temple in Egypt dedicated to two gods, Horus the Falcon and Sobek the Crocodile. This healing temple was an ancient hospital and hieroglyphs there show the advanced healing techniques that the ancients used. We then sail to Aswan.
- Day Eleven April 5th:
- We spend a leisurely morning in Aswan and after lunch take a small boat to sail to the ancient site of Soheil where the ancient Egyptians made pilgrimages to the gods Hapi and Khnum to honor the source of the Nile. That evening we dine in Aswan aboard the Afandina
- Day Twelve, April 6th:
- At dawn we take an early morning ferry for a private pre-dawn ceremony in the exquisite Temple of Philae dedicated to the Goddess Isis. This is one of the highlights of the journey, followed by an evening farewell dinner to the Nile and the Afandina.
- Day Thirteen, April 7th:
- Morning flight to Cairo and return to the Mena House hotel to prepare for our private evening visit into the King’s Chamber of the Great Pyramid. Dinner is on your own.
- Day Fourteen, April 8th:
- On our final day together we leave after breakfast for the awesome collection of art and artifacts in the Cairo Museum, and a visit to the ancient bazaar known as the Khan Il Khalili, the oldest souk in Cairo. We return in the late afternoon for last minute packing, our closing circle and a final banquet.
- Day Fifteen, April 9th:
- Depart for home.
- Cost of tour is $5,751 without international airfare.
- Single supplement: $600 for hotels only. Double occupancy on the boat (unless there is space, $950 for whole trip)
- Deposit of $900 is due when booking and is non-refundable.
- Balance of payment for the trip is due no later than December 16, 2016.
- If you are using a credit card a 3% charge will be added to the cost. Deposit with PayPal or credit card is $927.
- An extra $600 should be sufficient for extra meals, personal needs and gratuity, unless you plan on doing a lot of shopping.
- All hotel accommodations and travel in Egypt
- Nine night Nile Cruise on the dahabia, The Afandina
- Domestic flight to Aswan and return to Cairo
- All entrance fees to temples and tombs
- Our enthusiastic and mystical Egyptologist
- Most tips (excluding boat crew and Egyptologist)
- Private visits to the Sphinx, Great Pyramid, Edfu, Philae
- Transportation and transfers to and from the airport on day of tour
- All meals except two dinners
- Entry visa of $25 upon arrival (some may need to purchase Visa before arrival)
- Travel Insurance
- International airfare
- Cancellation Insurance
- Hotel accommodations for extra nights. Quest Travel is happy to arrange those for you.
- Click the “sign up” button to the upper left. Once you have done that, a drop down will appear with Egypt or South Africa. Select Egypt, fill in the form and then print.
- Please send a non-refundable deposit of $900 USD to:
Presence of Heart LLC Tours
PO Box 647
Inverness, CA 94937
- Or to use the button below to pay online with a credit card.
- To wire transfer connect with firstname.lastname@example.org to get the banking details.
The balance is due no later than 90 days prior to the first day of the retreat.